Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful Craftiness

  Unfortunately I have gotten out of the habit of blogging, and the longer I wait, the more overwhelming it gets.  For that reason, I'm not going to waste precious time with my Mom guilt...I'm just going to dive on in and play catch up.

No Better way to get back into the blogging spirit than to start with a thankful post.
This house has been really focusing on being grateful for everything that we have.  Not just this month, but all year.  So I thought since the spotlight is on thankfulness this time of year I needed a few things to really hit this idea home, not just with the kids, but all of us.

I started with this adorable banner as a daily reminder.  I found the inspiration, and FREE printable letters here.  Then of course I put my own twist on them and mounted them to thick card-stock in the shape of flags.  I love how it turned out!


My next little project was really fun for the kids.  Lets face it though, ANY time I get out the finger paints, they are SUPER excited!

I simply printed this tree {which can be used for so many things by the way} and inserted my wording.  Then I got out some fall colored finger paints and let the boys go to town with finger print leaves.  How cute is this?!?!

Last, and certainly the most fun and meaningful, I made a little garland on our chandelier.  Nothing fancy, but worth while.  Everyday each of us writes one thing {and it can be ANYTHING! }we are thankful for on a leaf, smear a little glitter glue on it and hang it with a clothespin.   
I can not tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!  You can make a fireplace garland a larger tree and "pin the leaf on the tree".  Whatever you do, this one is worth it.     

So now go ahead and show your gratitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment