Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of First Grade

My little man is getting so big! Aaron woke up this morning and got ready for his first day of school like the independent boy he is growing up to be. He decided to wear a crown during breakfast because it was the first day of school ...a special occasion of course.

All ready to go and feeling a little nervous...

Posing with his friend Avery before we left...So Cute! When we got in the car, he said he had a few questions that he needed answers to. He asked A LOT of questions about what first grade would be like. I think he had a case of the nerves, I know I did!

Aaron and his First Grade teacher Mrs. Sahyoun... Aaron told me he thinks she is beautiful, but she is not a princess, she is a teacher.

After a few minutes, Aaron realized his desk was right next to one of his friends from Kindergarten...they started coloring together and he turned around, smiled, and said "Bye Mom!" He then turned back around and kept talking to his friend. Talk about break my heart! I have to admit my eyes welled up a bit and I left. I could have stood there and watched him all day long. I'm sure this first year will be full of a lot of firsts as this sweet boy of mine grows up and I am so thankful to have a front row seat to sit back and watch it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment