Monday, October 1, 2012

Home-made Playdough

Another thing I don't always say yes to is play-dough   It's just so crumbly and messy!  Well, the boys LOVE it so a friend told me homemade play-dough is nowhere near as crumbly and guess what? Not only was she right, but its super easy and cheap to make. 

Here's my recipe:

1 cup white flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tablespoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
food coloring
Mix first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan. Add water and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 3 – 5 minutes. The dough will  form a “clump”.  Remove from stove and knead for 5 minutes–add food coloring during kneading process. Play dough will keep for a super long time stored in a covered plastic container or baggie.
Ty had a bit of an issue with the scent of it so I put a few drops of my lavender essential oils in and operation play-dough relaxation was achieved   I got out rolling pins and cookie cutters and they had so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment