Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to me...

Well yesterday was my birthday and I got to thinking...I remember as a child counting down the days until my big day.  I can still remember family and friends asking me, "So how do you feel now that you're a year older?"  I swear I felt like more of a grown up.  Flash forward to now, and although I enjoy the all of the well wishes, I feel like although my age went up another year, It doesn't quite feel like it used to.  I'm always shocked to think that I am approaching my mid-thirties when I still feel like I should be in my twenties.  If this trend continues by the time I'm 50 I will feel like I am twelve!  Let's just hope I don't act like it. Trust me when I say that would be good for no one...

Another thing while on the subject of growing older...Is it just me or does it feel like time goes even faster.  The years are passing so much faster than they used to.  I look back at pictures and think, "I can't believe that was so many years ago, it seems like yesterday."
My third birthday... Funny side note, I still have a German chocolate cake every birthday, 30 years later...

So here I am another year older and I think I have come full circle.  I hear my kids asking about their birthdays when they still have 8 months to go.  They still have the excitement and anticipation for the big day.  I even asked Aaron how it felt when he turned six.  He puffed his little chest out and said he felt six and really good.  I remember that feeling so well.  Theses boys can't wait to grow up.  I just want to zap them at the age they are at.  I guess that is part of life and all I can do is enjoy these years now because they are flying by...

I leave you now with a few more blasts from my past scanned in straight form the old scrapbook...
I had to put this one in because I can't believe how much Ty looks like me.  He totally does that face all the time!
I'm in the middle.

Kindergarten portrait. 

aaahhh...the 80's.  gotta love 'em. 

Hope y'all enjoyed that.  It was actually really fun to look back on all of the old photographs and not the digital stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love the pics- that is still how I picture you when I think of you! How are YOU?

    ReplyDelete